May 24, 2007

False alarm

In fairness to me alam ko na false alarm pa naman...hahaha!

Here goes my story last Tuesday...I was home alone. To think may guest of honor kme..Rene & his wife pero wala pa sila nasa galaan. Si Florence 8:30 PM - 8:30 AM ang Ryan 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM ang duty. Napakasaklap..and since Ryan was so busy in the office I told him to drop me off the nearby mall so I can just grab a taxi and he can go back.

After having dinner by myself (sniff,sniff) instead of immediately washing the dishes I watched TV first. Humiga sa sofa and voila few mins after I had difficulty breathing and my tummy was sooooooo stiff. Oh noh! I didn't know how contractions felt. It was 9:20 PM so I said ok I will wait for this to go away. So umupo ako tried breathing normally but the stiffness won't go away. If it goes away, only for a few minutes then the pain and stiffness are there again. By 9:35 I texted Ryan na..Ang saya ubos na din ang load ko to make a call.."PLS CALL NOW" 2 mins passed he hasn't called I sent the same msg to Florence. In a few minutes Florence called. I tried to be as calm as possible knowing how panicked Florence can get..."Lence,I don't know the feeling but since I'm alone if ever this is it at manganganak na ako I don't want to be alone. Pwede pong pakitawagan sa taas and call Arnold & Boyet?Kakaiba kse feeling ko parang manganganak na ako or what di ko maintindihan." Syempre Florence did so without hesitation and in a few more minutes the guys were here (they are living in the high rise tower within our phase and I specifically chose them since sila ung may babies na female neighbors are all single).

They came with Marrix and they were all so worried. Since nakaka-daldal ever pa ako mukhang ok pa tlga..pero this is the longest and most painful "contractions" (if that's what it was) I ever felt. Ryan called pala before they came I didn't want to bother him coz I honestly don't feel the baby coming out yet..I just don't want to be alone just in case I feel something different or I should be rushed to the hospital. Anyway even if they were there Ryan decided to leave his post and go home. In a matter of 15 mins when he arrived I felt normal again...Arnold, Boyet & Marrix left. Ryan decided to stay even if he left his laptop on in the office etc. Hmmm...sabi ni Ryan sa baby "hmmm namiss nyo lang ata ako ni mommy eh kse di ko kayo hinatid pauwi"...hehehe. All the commotion for nothing but I'm comforted by the fact that we're not completely alone here even in a foreign land. Thanks to our helpful friends who were all so prompt in attending to my call for help. Kahit we were all so clueless.

Same night Arnold was chatting with his wife and his wife told him all that I'll be feeling etc. The next day we were all laughing about it. Although I can still tell with their text messages that they were all so concerned. =)

No comments: